Top 10 amazing Dog Car Seat – Guide & Reviews
If you are like me, and you have a four-legged, large furry baby, and he or she likes to go on car rides with you, this is something you need to read. More and more people will take their dogs on car rides but too few are taking advantage of dog car seats, or dog car seat covers.
Here you are going to read about 10 of the best car seat covers for dogs, along with every reason why you should invest in a car seat for your dog, regardless of their size or food habits.
- 1 Recommended Best Car Seats - Top 10 Picks
- 1.1 Advantages of Dog Car Seat
- 1.2 1. NAC&ZAC Waterproof X-Large Hammock - Pet Seat Cover Review
- 1.3 2. Dog Seat Cover for Cars Tao Tronics - Pet Car Seat Covers Review
- 1.4 3. VIEWPETS Deluxe - All Coverage Review
- 1.5 4. Solvit Tagalong Pet Booster Seat - Standard Review
- 1.6 5. Snoozer Lookout Car Seat Review
- 1.7 6. Precious Tails Gray - Pet Booster Seat Review
- 1.8 7. Snoozer Lookout II Pet Car Seat Small Review
- 1.9 8. Solvit Jumbo - Pet Safety Seat Review
- 1.10 9. Kurgo Skybox Dog Booster Seat - for Cars Review
- 1.11 10. Front Pet Back Seat - Car Extender Review
- 2 Final Verdict:
Recommended Best Car Seats - Top 10 Picks
Most Cars, Trucks, Slip-proof
Booster Seat, Brown
High Density Foam
Cell Booster seat, Black
Hassle-free Kurgo,Machine washable
Carry Bag, Repair Kit
**You'll find more detailed reviews on each product below. You can also click the links above to check prices or read customer reviews on Amazon**
Advantages of Dog Car Seat
I have provided a list of why car seats for dogs are a great idea. Below you will find reasons and their explanations. Before we get into the specifics, why in general should you consider a car seat, when riding with your dog on your lap is so comforting and fun? Well, you wouldn’t let your child ride on your lap, so it is obviously not safe, why risk the life of your dog, who is also a part of your family?
If you do have a child who is in the back in the car seat, you should definitely keep your dog in one as well, so they do not bother the child since you cannot properly operate your vehicle and keep them separated in the back. Below are the reasons why it is essential that you consider purchasing a car seat for your four-legged pal.
Now this is something that occurs no matter how, when or with whom we are driving. There are always distractions and temptations to be distracted when we are behind the wheel. Unfortunately, even though your dog loves car rides, they become one of the biggest distractions when you are driving.
If you are out for a ride and it is just you and your dog, who is going to keep them from jumping in your lap or getting in the way where you cannot see out your windows? You must admit, when they are on your lap, it get difficult to even turn the wheel.
This can become a life-threatening liability, not just for your dog, but for you as well. The use of a Pet car harness or car seat would keep them safe, and keep them secure in one spot, which is more safe for them, you and the innocent people driving around you.
Sudden Stops and Swerving
I do not know if you live in the city or a rural area, but it truly does not matter when it comes to car safety. There can be unforeseen stops and debris on the road. You do not want your dog being knocked around the back seat, or go through the windshield when you have to swerve around something in the road or have to make a sudden stop.
Treat your dog as you would your child. Do you let them sit in the car without a seat belt or car seat? No. So why is your furry baby an exception to the rules? They should not be.
It is your responsibility to keep your dog safe in a vehicle. There is no way to say this any nicer, or beat around the bush. You are behind the wheel or you are sending your furry baby with someone else in a vehicle, it is YOUR responsibility to keep him or her safe!
Now that you understand the severity and importance, of dog seat covers or car seats, take the time to read the pros, cons, and review the top 10 selling Dog car seats.
1. NAC&ZAC Waterproof X-Large Hammock - Pet Seat Cover Review
This particular dog seat cover is made for SUVs and trucks. Allowing your larger dog to have a hammock style seat in the back of your vehicle.
Great not only for your dog, but also protecting the seats in your car, whether they are leather or fabric.
- Heat resistant, reinforced straps and clips
- Easy Installation
- No actual belt restraint for your dog
- Made for SUVs and large trucks only
Review: “My dogs go everywhere with me and now I have a new, large SUV and the hammock works great, keeping them in the back and keeping my new upholstery clean and odor free.”-Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
2. Dog Seat Cover for Cars Tao Tronics - Pet Car Seat Covers Review
This is similar to the previous model; the only difference is this is for a car rather than a truck or SUV. Once again, this will protect the seats in your car.
- Slip Proof Dog seat cover
- Waterproof and scratch proof
- Stain proof seat cover, belt buckles with Velcro straps
- Hammock style
- Made for sedans only
- No actual restraint for the dog
Review: “I bought this car hammock hoping my dogs would feel more secure in the back with a scoop style seat, and so far no issues. Thanks” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
3. VIEWPETS Deluxe - All Coverage Review
This is also a seat cover, similar to the first two models. This one is also made for sedans, not intended for SUVs. The main function of the seat covers is to protect the interior of your car, so that you do not have to worry about your dog scratching, biting, or going to the bathroom on your seats.
It is easy to place on and off, so can be used in multiple cars and is overall a nice solution for helping maintaining your car.
- Heavy Waterproof Polyester material
- One-year warranty
- Easy Installation
- For small to medium, size cars only
Review: “I love that this allows me to store smaller stuff for my pets in the quilted pockets. My dogs love going for car rides now.” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
4. Solvit Tagalong Pet Booster Seat - Standard Review
This dog car seat cover is something that would remind most of a picnic basket or a small dog carrier. This particular model is their standard size. They do offer medium, large and extra-large for different breeds.
Described as a seat with a view, the box or seat is strapped and buckled into the car seat, in the back allowing your pet to sit securely inside the basket.
- Easy liner removal for washing
- Various sizes available
- Booster seat for pet comfort
- Not the best for LARGE dogs over 25 lbs
- Dog can still get out of the booster seat if not trained well
Review: “We have a pug and he loves rides, he hops right in his booster seat, and does great!” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
5. Snoozer Lookout Car Seat Review
The snoozer dog car seat allows your pet to sit in a seat, while in a booster size soft-sided box.
Lined with wool, they will be safe and comfortable while enjoying the view from their own safe dog seat.
- Made with wool and memory foam
- Strap included for safety connection to seatbelt
- Several color and material options
- Available for small and medium sized dogs only
Review: “I feel so much better taking my dogs with me on rides now that they are in their OWN seats. I was able to get two small dog seat carriers in my backseat. We love them.” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
6. Precious Tails Gray - Pet Booster Seat Review
One of the more practical dog seats on the market comes from precious tails. They have created a dog seat cover that allows the dog to be elevated to a safer height, which has been known to prevent motion sickness for dogs as well.
The seat is secure and defined as a booster seat.
- Micro suede cover that is removable for washing
- Created for motion sickness
- Leash strap included for pet security
- For smaller dogs, only comes in one standard size 16” by 19”
Review: “I think my dog’s booster seat is more comfortable than what the rest of us sit in!” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
7. Snoozer Lookout II Pet Car Seat Small Review
Another great product from Snoozer lookout, this is their lookout II. Offering a safe and comfortable dog booster seat for your dog.
This style and model offers a storage space underneath for dog toys, food and water as well.
- Available for small, medium or large dogs
- Available in over 10 different colors
- Connections trap included for added safety
Review: “I wanted something that was going to be safe of my fur baby to travel with me, and still look decent in my car. I love the Snoozer.” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
8. Solvit Jumbo - Pet Safety Seat Review
As you are reading these different reviews, you may realize there are not too many products out there offering dog car seats or cover seats for large dogs.
The Solvit Jumbo is, obviously as the name states, a larger product and great for the larger breeds. This dog seat cover has been proven and tested for up to 2000+ lbs.
- The dog seat cover for large breeds
- Installs and safe in under one minute
- Fit more than one small/medium size dog in one booster seat
- Does take up more room in your back seat
Review: “I wanted something safe and secure for my medium size dogs, without having to buy more than one dog car seat. I can get all three of my miniature pinchers in here and they love riding together.” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
9. Kurgo Skybox Dog Booster Seat - for Cars Review
With a quick under 2 minutes install your small dog will be able to have a view from the front or the back seat, where they are safe and secure in their own dog car seat.
This particular style offers 2 side zip pockets for added treats or toys. Fits great in cars or trucks of any size (great for 60/40 bench seat).
- Light and easy to store or pack
- Guaranteed lifetime warranty
- Meatal support and waterproof
- Holds up to 30 lbs
- For dogs up to and under 30 lbs. only
Review: “I love that I can collapse and store this in my garage or trunk when the fur babies are riding with me!” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
10. Front Pet Back Seat - Car Extender Review
This style dog seat cover is a little different than what you would usually see for a car dog seat. This is an inflatable, pillow that goes behind the driver seat, wedged between front and the back seat.
This prevents your pup from getting under the seats or falling into the floor boards if you need to stop abruptly.
- Inflatable and easy to collapse when not in use
- Comes with an air pump
- Offers flat surface in backseat for your pet
- No real secure belt or restraints
Review: “I didn’t necessary need a booster seat or dog car seat; I just wanted something that allowed my dogs to ride with me and not get under my feet or, fall on the floorboards. This is exactly what I wanted.” Customer who purchased this product on Amazon
From the ten dog car seats and dog booster seats listed here, we hope that you are able to find something that will make traveling with your furry baby safer and an overall more enjoyable experience for the both of you.
Take the time to read the reviews, check crash test reviews, and find what works for you and your pet. When looking for the best dog car seat for you needs, you have to take all of the pros and cons into consideration. My personal preference would be the Snoozer sets.
They offer a variety of sizes, they are proven to be safe, affordable, and come in a few different sizes.