Best Dog Nail Clippers – Top 10 Dog Nail Trimmers Reviews
Nail trimming for my little cute dachshund was a troublesome experience for me. I have to spend not only a lot of time in my weekend while I start trimming but also have to leave task unsatisfactorily. However, the best dog nail clippers make this task easy for me. Most of the time I use the scissors type clippers, which is very user friendly.
Like me who are not passionate about taking care of fur child can use best dog nail clippers. Without this, you might have to go for a professional to trim the nail of your lovely dog. Again, if you do it by yourself without the best dog nail clippers you may injure your beloved pet.
In this dog nail clippers reviews, I put all my experience and research data in a short form to help you for taking the ultimate care to your doggy.
- 1 Using Instruction of the Best Dog Nail Clippers
- 2 Recommended 10 Best Dog Nail Clippers
- 2.1 Safari 770045 Professional Nail Trimmer Review
- 2.2 Best Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer Review
- 2.3 Nail Clippers for Cat Small-breed Dog Puppy Review
- 2.4 Best Professional Pet Nail Clipper, Easy and Safe To Use Review
- 2.5 Koodella Dog Nail Clippers With Quick Sensor Review
- 2.6 MoJo's Dog Nail Clippers & Trimmers Review
- 2.7 Dog & Cat Nail Clippers Review
- 2.8 Professional Dog Nail Clippers Review
- 2.9 Dog Nail Clippers With Quick Sensor Review
- 2.10 Pet Magasin Dog Nail Clippers Review
- 3 Final Verdict
Using Instruction of the Best Dog Nail Clippers
Grooming your dog may seem just as something fun to do, but it is actually essential to their health and their overall well-being. Trimming your dog’s nails should be a routine, a routine that can help prevent infectious viruses like rabies that occur underneath their nails.
Although most think of dogs as pets, it is important to keep in mind that they are animals, animals that for years have been taught to hunt and protect. In the wild (or at least not in a home environment), dogs trim their nails by running long distance. Since most of our pets do not run to hunt, it is our job to take care of their nails, just like it is our job to take care of their food and shelter.
Trimming their nails will also prevent them from injuries, or simply cause discomfort or even pain.
Taking your dog to the groomers can get costly, so this is something you can do yourself and save some money. Just choose the clippers that work best for you and your beloved four-legged pal and start clipping!
It may seem scary at first, but once you will get the hang of it, it will be a simple task that will help your pet and I am sure they will thank you in their own special way.
- With the use of your finger, pull the toes closer to the clippers gently.
- Remove excess toe hairs by using small and sharp blunt edge child scissors carefully.
- Now it is time for the dog nail clippers to do the actual trimming.
- It is better to use scissors type nail clippers, as they are user-friendly.
- Put a fair portion of the nail in the clipper. However, it should not be the entire nail.
- Press the gripped handle to trim the nail.
- Never hurry in this situation or you may hurt your dog.
- However, you should keep cornstarch nearby to stop bleeding in case of a cut. Alternatively, you may use medicament powder.
Right Schedule to use the Best Dog Nail Clippers
Your dog needs a quick trim of their nails approximately every two weeks. If you hear the scratching sound on your floor, you know that your baby’s nails have grown too much and they need trimming.
Like the experts, I also suggest trimming in such a way to give your pet’s nails a shape. Never trim the nail like the actual shape itself, which may cause the dog pain, causing your dog to whimper and you to sit there with guilt in your heart.
Recommended 10 Best Dog Nail Clippers
Pro Pet Works
Pro Pet Works
**You'll find more detailed reviews on each product below. You can also click the links above to check prices or read customer reviews on Amazon**
Safari 770045 Professional Nail Trimmer Review
These are made from high-quality stainless steel edges. They also have soft, rubber coated handles, making it comfortable for you to do a proper job trimming your dog’s nails.
The edges are sharp, making the whole process quick and painless. Also features a safety stop, which should help to prevent injuries.
The size of these clippers is meant to be used for small-medium sized dog breeds.
- Stainless Steel
- Locking blades
- Rubber-coated handles
- Sharp edges
- Customers reported the handles being uncomfortable
- The size is too big for very small pets
Best Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer Review
This is one of the nail clippers that is recommended by grooming professionals, veterinarians, and animal trainers. The clippers are made out of stainless steel blades, about 3.5mm thick and very sharp.
These clippers are created with your dog in mind, but you, the dog parent in mind as well. The grip is made out of non-slip handles and has a safety stop, which is always helpful.
A nice bonus is that the manufacturer offers a free gift with your purchase. You will get a mini nail file, completely free when you decide to order these clippers
- Stainless Steel, sharp edges
- Non-slip grip
- Recommended by professionals
- Safety stop
- Free nail file with your purchase
- Only for medium-large size dog breeds
- Some customers said the clippers were not sharp enough
Nail Clippers for Cat Small-breed Dog Puppy Review
A lot of the clippers seems to possess the high-quality and user-friendly features. One of the things that separate this company is the fact that they will donate 14% of their profits to the American Animal Rescue Society.
You also get a 30-day money back guarantee, so you are not taking too much of a risk.
These clippers are meant to be used for small breed pets. They feature stainless steel, sharp edges and comes with clear instructions. These clippers also help save lives.
- Stainless steel, sharp edges
- 15% of the profits go to American Animal Rescue Society
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Some customers said that the blades are too thick
- Some customers said they “crush” the nail, rather than cut it
Best Professional Pet Nail Clipper, Easy and Safe To Use Review
These nails come in two different sizes, small and medium, so you can choose which ones work better for your pet. The blades are created in a semi-circle, to provide the easiest cut. Your pet’s nail will rest easily inside the blade, while you gently press on the handles.
Provides an option to stay locked when not in use. You also get a 100% lifetime warranty.
- Semi-circle blades
- Sharp edges
- Lock option
- Rubber coated handles
- 100% lifetime warranty
- Some customers said when used too often, the clippers broke
- Some did not like the feature of the clippers locking after each clip
Koodella Dog Nail Clippers With Quick Sensor Review
Another great option for nail clippers, which feature sharp edges and a unique safety lock, that is located right on the handles. With a quick slide up, the clippers will lock in place and you do not need to worry about your pet or you getting hurt.
The grip is firm, yet very comfortable. The manufacturer offers a 60-day money back guarantee as well as a 1-year warranty.
- 3.55mm stainless steel edges
- Added safety lock
- 60-day money back guarantee
- 1-year warranty
- Does not work well on the thicker nails
- Not meant for small breeds
MoJo's Dog Nail Clippers & Trimmers Review
This company offers a lifetime money back guarantee. No risk for life! Features a Quick Guard on the clippers themselves, for extra safety. These clippers are approved by the veterinarian committee and are even recommended by the experts.
They come in two different sizes: small and large, so you can choose which one you need based on the size of your dog.
- Quick Guard
- Lifetime money back guarantee
- Value Set
- Blades may get dull after use
- Not sharp enough for tough nails
Dog & Cat Nail Clippers Review
These nail clippers come with a nail file that is built into the tool itself. This is great in case you just want to file your pet’s nail in between the trimmings.
Also come with the safety guard, which helps to control how much you cut and prevents you to trim too far and hurt your dog. The handle is ergonomically built for maximum comfort for the pet’s parents.
The company also offers a 100% money back Guarantee
- Built-in nail file
- Built-in safety guard
- 100% money back guarantee
- Too big or too bulky
- Not meant for smaller breed dogs
Professional Dog Nail Clippers Review
These clippers are just a little bit more expensive than the other ones on this list. However, the price difference is not much, so it shouldn’t be too much of a concern, especially since the manufacturer offers a lifetime guarantee.
You can choose from two sizes: medium or large. Just like most other clippers they contain a safety guard, to prevent you from hurting your dog and sharp, stainless steel blades. The grip is designed with you in mind, to provide maximum comfort.
- Can choose from two sizes
- Safety guard
- Stainless steel blades
- Maximum comfort grip
- A little bit more expensive than other clippers
- Not meant for smaller breeds
Dog Nail Clippers With Quick Sensor Review
Not only do you get a free nail file, you will also receive a free eBook guide to grooming your pet. Gifts with purchase are always nice, but this is an excellent product as well.
The clippers use veterinary-grade materials, that are sharp enough to trim your pet’s nails in the calmest manner. They also feature an angled head for easier trimming, while holding their ergonomically built grip.
The manufacturer also offers a Lifetime guarantee.
- Safety-lock mechanism for storage
- Lifetime guarantee
- Free e-book and nail file
- Sharp, stainless steel blades
- Better suited for medium to larger breed dogs
- The stainless steel may rust over time
Pet Magasin Dog Nail Clippers Review
You get to choose the size you need and you also get a choice of two colors with this brand. They feature stainless steel blades that are precision engineered and should last a long time.
These work for pets of all breeds and sizes since you can choose the size that best suits your and your pets’ needs.
This company also offers a discount if you purchase multiple products from them. The more you buy from them, the more you save.
- Stainless steel blades
- Easy grip handle
- Two color choices
- Two size options
- The quick sensor is not suitable for all dogs
- May not cut through thick nails
I have already mentioned the importance and the proper way to trim your dog’s nails. Now it is time for you to take the clippers in your hand and start clipping away.
You only have one thing left to do, choose the clippers that you believe will work best for you and your dog. Therefore, do not waste your time, purchase the best dog nail clippers from the list I provided, and start clipping those nails away, improving the quality of life for your dog (and your floors).