Top 10 amazing Dog Car Seat – Guide & Reviews
If you are a person like me, and you have a four legged large fur baby, and he or she likes to go on car rides with you, this is something you need to read. More and more people will take their dogs on car rides but far too few are taking advantage of dog car seats, or dog car seat covers.
Here you are going to read about 10 of the best car seat covers for dogs, along with every reason why you should invest in a car seat for your dog, regardless of their size or food habit.
Recommended Best Car Seats - Top 10 Picks
Most Cars, Trucks, Slip-proof
Booster Seat, Brown
High Density Foam
Cell Booster seat, Black
Hassle-free Kurgo,Machine washable
Carry Bag, Repair Kit
**You'll find more detailed reviews on each product below. You can also click the links above to check prices or read customer reviews on Amazon**
Advantages of Dog Car Seat
It is comparatively difficult to define the advantage of dog car seat like the dog clothes. However, I show the most important topics for helping you.
Now this is something that regardless of where we are driving, we all have distractions and temptations to be distracted when we are behind the wheel. Unfortunately, even though your dog loves car rides, they become one of the biggest distractions when you are driving.
If you are out for a ride and it is just you and your dog, who is going to keep them from jumping in your lap or getting in the way where you cannot see out your windows?
This can become a deadly liability. The use of a Pet car harness or car seat would keep them safe, and keep them secure in one spot that is safe for you as the driver as well.
Sudden Stops and Swerving
I do not know if you live in the city or a rural area; dependent on where you live there are going to be unforeseen stops and debris on the road. You do not want your dog being knocked around the back seat, or go through the windshield when you have to swerve around something in the road or have to make a sudden stop.
Treat your dog as you would your child. Do you let them sit in the car without a seat belt or car seat? No. So why is your fur baby an exception to the rules ? They should not be.
It is your responsibility to keep your dog safe in a vehicle. There is no way to say this any nicer, or beat around the bush. You are behind the wheel or you are sending your fur baby with someone else in a vehicle, it is YOUR responsibility to keep him or her safe!
Now that you understand the severity and importance, of dog seat covers or car seats, take the time to read the pros, cons, and reviews of the top 10 selling Dog car seats.
1. NAC&ZAC Waterproof X-Large Hammock - Pet Seat Cover Review
This particular dog seat cover is made for SUV has and trucks. Allowing your larger dog to have a hammock style seat in the back of your vehicle.
Great when you want to protect leather or other sensitive seats in your vehicle.
- Heat resistant, reinforced straps and clips
- Easy Installation
- No actual belt restraint for your dog
- Made for USVs and large trucks only
Review: “My dogs go everywhere with me and now I have a new, large SUV and the hammock works great, keeping them in the back and keeping my new upholstery clean and odor free.”
2. Dog Seat Cover for Cars Tao Tronics - Pet Car Seat Covers Review
This is similar to the previous model; the only difference is this is for a car rather than a truck or SUV.
- Slip Proof Dog seat cover
- Waterproof and scratch proof
- Stain proof seat cover, belt buckles with Velcro straps
- Hammock style
- Made for cars only
- No actual restraint for the dog
Review: “I bought this car hammock hoping my dogs would feel more secure in the back with a scoop style seat, and so far no issues. Thanks”
3. VIEWPETS Deluxe - All Coverage Review
This is similar to the first model; the only difference is this is for a car rather than a truck or SUV.
- Heavy Waterproof Polyester material
- One-year warranty
- Easy Installation
- For small to medium, size cars only
Review: “I love that this allows me to store smaller stuff for my pets in the quilted pockets. My dogs love going for car rides now.”
4. Solvit Tagalong Pet Booster Seat - Standard Review
This dog car seat cover is something that would remind most of a picnic basket or small dog carrier. This particular model is their standard size. They do offer medium, Extra-large and large sizes for other breeds.
Described as a seat with a view, the box or seat is strapped and buckled into the car seat, in the back allowing your pet to sit securely inside the basket.
- Easy liner removal for washing
- Various sizes available
- Booster seat for pet comfort
- Not the best for LARGE dogs over 25 lbs
- Dog can still get out of the booster seat if not trained well
Review: “We have a pug and he loves rides, he hops right in his booster seat, and does great!”
5. Snoozer Lookout Car Seat Review
The snoozer dog car seat allows your pet to sit in a seat, while in a booster size soft-sided box.
Lined with wool, they will be safe and comfortable while enjoying the view from their own safe dog seat.
- Made with wool and memory foam
- Strap included for safety connection to seatbelt
- Several color and material options
- Available for small and medium sized dogs only
Review: “I feel so much better taking my dogs with me on rides now that they are in their OWN seats. I was able to get two small dog seat carriers in my backseat. We love them.”
6. Precious Tails Gray - Pet Booster Seat Review
One of the more practical dog seats on the market comes from precious tails. They have created a dog seat cover that allows the dog to be elevated to a safer height, which has been known to prevent motion sickness for dogs as well.
The seat is secure and defined as a booster seat.
- Micro suede cover that is removable for washing
- Created for motion sickness
- Leash strap included for pet security
- For smaller dogs, only comes in one standard size 16” by 19”
Review: “I think my dog’s booster seat is more comfortable than what the rest of us sit in!”
7. Snoozer Lookout II Pet Car Seat Small Review
Another great product from Snoozer lookout, this is their lookout II. Offering a safe and comfortable dog booster seat for your dog.
This style and model offer a storage space underneath for dog toys, food and water as well.
- Available for small, medium or large dogs
- Available in over 10 different colors
- Connections trap included for added safety
Review: “I wanted something that was going to be safe of my fur baby to travel with me, and still look decent in my car. I love the Snoozer.”
8. Solvit Jumbo - Pet Safety Seat Review
As your finding, reading these different reviews, there are not too many products out there offering dog car seats or cover seats for large dogs.
The Solvit Jumbo is, obviously as the name states, a larger product and great for the larger breeds. This dog seat cover has been proven and tested for up to 2000+ lbs.
- The dog seat cover for large breeds
- Installs and safe in under one minute
- Fit more than one small/medium size dog in one booster seat
- Does take up more room in your back seat
Review: “I wanted something safe and secure for my medium size dogs, without having to buy more than one dog car seat. I can get all three of my miniature pinchers in here and they love riding together.”
9. Kurgo Skybox Dog Booster Seat - for Cars Review
With a quick under 2 minutes install your small dog will be able to have a view from the front or back set where they are safe and secure in their own dog car seat.
This particular style offers 2 side zip pockets for added treats or toys. Fits great in cars or trucks of any size (great for 60/40 bench seat).
- Light and easy to store or pack
- Guaranteed lifetime warranty
- Meatal support and waterproof
- Holds up to 30 lbs
- For dogs up to and under 30 lbs. only
Review: “I love that I can collapse and store this in my garage or trunk when the fur babies are riding with me!”
10. Front Pet Back Seat - Car Extender Review
This style dog seat cover is a little different than what you would usually see for a car dog seat. This is an inflatable, pillow that goes behind the driver seat, wedged between it and the back seat.
This prevents your pup from getting under foot or falling into the floor boards if you need to stop abruptly.
- Inflatable and easy to collapse when not in use
- Comes with an air pump
- Offers flat surface in backseat for your pet
- No real secure belt or restraints
Review: “I didn’t necessary need a booster seat or dog car seat; I just wanted something that allowed my dogs to ride with me and not get under my feet or, fall on the floorboards. This is exactly what I wanted.”
From the ten dog car seats and dog booster seats listed here, we hope that you are able to find something that will make traveling with your fur baby safer and an overall more enjoyable experience for the both of you.
Take the time to read the reviews, check crash test reviews, and find what works for you and your pet. When looking for the best dog car seat for you needs, you have to take all of the pros and cons into consideration. My personal preference would be the Snoozer sets.
They offer a variety of sizes, they are proven to be safe, affordable, and come in a few different sizes.