The Best Dog Diapers for Male & Female Dogs: Guide & Reviews
Are you planning to house train your dog?
Or maybe your dog is suffering from urination incontinence or excitement? Whatever the reason is, you need dog diapers, possibly the best ones that perfectly match with your furry baby, right?
However, there is still one problem left: finding the best dog diaper that will keep your dog comfortable and dry is not as easy as you may think. You need to go through the trial and error process before you can find the right one for your beloved dog.
But don’t worry, we have done an extensive amount of research and reviewed the top 10 dog diapers out in the market, available for purchase immediately. We have included both disposable and reusable doggie diapers on the list, so if you’re looking for an eco-friendly alternative, we’ve got it covered for you. Without further ado, let's see what on the list.
- 1 Best Dog Diapers - Top 10 Picks for 2017
- 1.1 How to Choose the Right Size and Properly Wear a Dog Diaper?
- 1.2 1. Washable Dog Diapers of Durable - Doggie Diapers Review
- 1.3 2. Viiler Dog Diaper Belly Band - Review
- 1.4 3. Happy Paw Dog Diapers - Review
- 1.5 4. Wegreeco Washable Dog Diapers - Review
- 1.6 5. Pet Parents Washable Dog Diapers - Review
- 1.7 6. Vet's Best Comfort Fit Disposable - Male Wrap Review
- 1.8 7. Disposable Male Wraps - Review
- 1.9 8. Simple Solution Disposable Medium Dog Diapers - Review
- 1.10 9. Luxury Reusable Dog Diapers - Review
- 1.11 10. Wegreeco Washable Male Dog Diapers - Review
- 2 What are the Main Benefits of Using Dog Diapers?
- 3 Wrapping it Up - The Final Verdict:
Best Dog Diapers - Top 10 Picks for 2017
**You'll find more detailed reviews on each product below. You can also click the links above to check prices or read customer reviews on Amazon**
I will go over in detail on the best ten products available in the market, both disposable, and washable dog diapers that will help you choose the best ones for your lovely dog. Firstly, let’s have look at how to choose the right diaper size and put the diaper properly on your dog!
How to Choose the Right Size and Properly Wear a Dog Diaper?
1. Washable Dog Diapers of Durable - Doggie Diapers Review
Editor Rating :
Created by pet lovers and owners these dog diapers consider their “client’s” comfort and needs in mind while designing.
With their diapers, you will receive a package of three diapers; you can chose the size and the design.
Each diaper is designed with wrinkle free material, and without that “crinkly” diaper noise you often hear. They have added extra liners for extra absorbance in each of their design.
Preferred Size of Pet : Small to medium size dogs
- Easy to use for both male and female dogs
- No “crinkle” or wrinkling in the diapers for added comfort
- High absorbency with added lines sewn to the inside of the diapers
- Not available for large dogs at this time
Our Review : Overall, from the reviews that were posted, the feeling was that the buyers t made the right choice for their dogs, and advised ordering one size up from what your dog may usually wear.
2. Viiler Dog Diaper Belly Band - Review
Editor Rating :
This dog diaper is particularly the best to train male dogs to go to the bathroom in designated areas only.
They will help absorb urine but they do not work as a full-service dog diaper.
These diapers are meant to keep male dogs from marking their territory when out in public or areas which are not meant for your dog. These are also used to prevent breeding or intercourse.
Preferred Pet : Small Male Dogs
- Designed to train male dogs from urinating and marking their territory
- Belly band designed with elastic waist for comfort
- Great for long car rides to prevent accidents
- Not designed to absorb urine, you will want an added liner
Our Reviews: Users felt that these diapers served their purpose for training male dogs, but are not meant to work as an absorbent diaper or pad. They suggested adding a liner if they were going to be left alone for a long period of time.
3. Happy Paw Dog Diapers - Review
Editor Rating :
The Happy Paw, is considered to be the top of the line diapers for both male and female dogs of large breeds.
The waterproof microfiber pads are machine washable, and most importantly are reusable.
The best part is the microfiber lining and the Velcro on the inside for your dog’s comfort. It is available in three colors and is delivered in packs of three.
Preferred Pet : Both male and female large dogs
- Comfortable fit, designed with microfiber for less irritation and dry skin
- Adjustable Velcro
- 100% waterproof and absorbent inside liners
- Currently only available for large dogs
Our Review : The consensus for this product was that these served their purpose, and fit their larger breed dogs with ease. Most would purchase again if needed.
4. Wegreeco Washable Dog Diapers - Review
Editor Rating :
These washable dog diapers offer full-service diapers for female dogs of all sizes.
These diapers help with urine accidents, complete coverage to protect floors and furniture while females are in heat.
The diapers are equipped with an extra lining for extra absorbency. This is backed up by the manufacturer’s 2-year warranty, and all materials are eco-friendly.
Preferred Pet : Large Female Dogs
- Available sizes are for puppies to 2Xl dogs (26” to 35”)
- Added absorbency with extra lining along the inside
- Velcro belly strap for comfort and no sliding
- Designed for female dogs only
OUR Reviews: Most buyers felt that the dog diapers for females kept their carpets and furniture clean while the diapers are being used. Most have become repeat customers.
5. Pet Parents Washable Dog Diapers - Review
These diapers have the best design for incontinence, house training, and protection while females are in heat. Each washable dog diaper has both an inner and outlining for your dog’s comfort and extra absorbance.
Pet owners own and operate the company, where they know what their fellow pet owners want and what pets need. They have been tested and have been approved and offer a 2-year warranty.
Preferred Pet : Small to large dog
- Extra inner lining for added absorbance
- Designed with soft lining to prevent chaffing or rash
- Durable for endless use and washing
- Not available for extra-large dogs
OUR Reviews: Most of the reviews stated that those that purchased for their female dogs were happy with the results, although when used for male dogs, they seemed not as comfortable.
6. Vet's Best Comfort Fit Disposable - Male Wrap Review
Editor Rating :
Designed for the smaller dogs in mind, these disposable male dog diapers will prevent stains from male marking, incontinence, as well as helping in house training.
Designed for dogs with a 12 to 18-inch waist in mind, these are for the smaller breed dogs and puppies. Each wrap was designed to prevent leaking, easy movement, and easy fastening.
Preferred Pet : Small Male Dogs
- Equipped with wetness indicator
- Comfortable lining/leak barrier
- One dozen per package
- For smaller sized dogs only
- Not for female dogs
Our Reviews : The consensus from clients was that they were happy with the dog diapers, and those who decided to try it on their female dogs understood why they are not for females.
7. Disposable Male Wraps - Review
Editor Rating :
One dozen male dog diaper wraps, with quick and easy fastening for the squirmy dog in mind.
These are for dogs with a 14 to 19-inch waist in mind or also described as a medium size dog.
Manufactured especially for dogs with incontinence, male marking prevention, traveling long distances and house training.
Preferred Pet : Medium sized male dogs
- Perfect for medium sized male dogs
- Comfortable fit
- Leak proof adjustable waistline
8. Simple Solution Disposable Medium Dog Diapers - Review
These disposable dog diapers designed for both male and female dogs, that need added protection for housetraining, incontinence, marking, periods of heat for female dogs and other urinal issues.
Easy, comfortable fit, easy application and designed with a hole for their tail
Preferred Pet: Small to medium dog
- For male and female dogs 15 to 35 lbs. in size
- Available in large quantity (30)
- Comfort fit around legs and tail
- Medium size only, not for small or large dogs
OUR Reviews: The rating is average and the comments that were made were regarding the large quantity per order, everyone was happy with the large quantity.
9. Luxury Reusable Dog Diapers - Review
Easy to assemble and apply to your small to medium size dog. The luxury dog diapers come with a 2-year guarantee. Designed, keeping issues in mind issues such as the house training to prevent accidents, prevent markings during the heat, or out in public.
However, quick assembly, bright colors, texture and extra quilted stitching for comfort make it unique among all.
Preferred Pet: Medium sized dogs and puppies
- Fun fashionable colors and designs
- Soft comfortable fit
- Quick easy application
- Sizes only for small dogs and puppies to medium sized dogs
- Available in small packs (3 packs)
OUR Reviews: The users were satisfied with this product, especially with the price, quality and comfort level of the materials. Some of the users have made it their official diaper choice for their furry babies.
10. Wegreeco Washable Male Dog Diapers - Review
When you need to leave your male dog at home or trying to house train a new puppy, these washable dog diapers will help with the training process. Available in packs of two, the washable diapers are great for long travels and are made with eco-friendly diaper.
Again, with the comfortable Velcro belly wrap, they make for easy application and removal, which has the microfiber inner lining and waterproof layering.
Preferred Pet: All dog breeds
- Available from extra small waists (small as 9 to 13 inches) up to extra-large (25 to 34 inches)
- Belly wrap to control incontinence
- Available in two packs
- Washable & reusable
- May need to buy more than one pack if house training a pet
- Best for male dogs rather than female
OUR Reviews: Customers were overall happy with their choice of washable dog diapers, and more than 35% ordered again after their initial purchase.
What are the Main Benefits of Using Dog Diapers?
By realizing we need a little help taking care of our pets, you are accepting the responsibility of owning a pet seriously. With the use of dog diapers, you are able to give your furry baby the fair chance to house train on a schedule, help that elderly dog with incontinence, and therefore, boosting its’ self-esteem.
Pet owners do not always realize that by using dog diapers, we are making our lives easier with our house care, but we are also taking a lot of pressure off of our dogs as well.
If you own a female dog that has not been “fixed” as I did in college, you will come to realize they are not an exception to the “female rule”. They will go through a time of heat, where they can bleed, and the stains do not come out of the carpet or any furniture. With the use of dog diapers, you eliminate that from happening altogether.
If you own an older dog, there will come a time when incontinence can become an issue, and regardless of how well of an eye you keep on your dog, or how many times you take them outside, there will be urine accidents outside of their and your control. Science has proven that the use of dog diapers with adult dogs eases stress, therefore extending their life span, and overall happiness.
Your question may be; do I use washable dog diapers or can I use disposable dog diapers? This is a common question and one that I asked myself at one point as well. Now I am telling you about choosing the best dog diapers for your furry baby in the following bullet points –
- Measure the actual weight of your pet to get the right size.
- The next step is to take the perfect waist measurement for a comfortable fitting and stop leakage of urine.
- At this stage, you have to decide between the disposable or washable dog diapers, you will buy for your dog. Washable dog diapers are eco-friendly and reasonable for frequent using.
However, if you have to use it infrequently, disposables are the best choice for your pet.
- After deciding whether you go for disposable or washable dog diapers, it is time to scrutinize the small things like having a soft lining. This is actually for the comfort of your dog.
- Now you have to decide how many you will purchase for your dog. I will suggest buying at least two of a specific brand to understand its usability for your dog
- You also have to check the size chart of the product.
- If you have a male furry baby, you may have to consider the size of their genitals for the best fit to stop unwanted leakage.
Wrapping it Up - The Final Verdict:
Now before making the final decision think, what kind of dog needs the diapers? Is it a male, female, is it an elderly dog or a brand new puppy?
If you have a large dog, male or female, without any hesitation I would recommend you buying the Reusable Washable Dog Diapers as it comes with 3 pack sizes and most importantly they are reusable.
If it is a small dog or a puppy, I would recommend you go with Vet’s Best Comfort Fit.The others are also nice for some different specific reasons.
Therefore, confirm your dog’s requirement and make a quick purchase and start using doggie diapers!