The Best Affordable Dog Food for Pitbulls: Guide and Reviews 2017
You wouldn’t want to give your Pitbull something that will make them sick, right? After all, we all want to see a happy and a healthy Pitbull at home, right?
Feeding your Pitbull shouldn't be a hassle, but sometimes it can feel that way. If you've never owned a Pitbull before, and you're not sure what their diet is, they can get sick. You want your Pitbull to be happy and healthy, so you want to feed them the best dog food, made especially for their breed, at an affordable cost.
There are many brands in the USA, which are sell different food for Pitbulls, but how can you find the best dog food for your Pitbull? This review article will look at several different affordable dog foods for Pitbulls, and determine which is the best one for your best friend. You'll also find some advice about what you should feed your Pitbull, and how should you feed them.
These reviews will give you advice and insight on the top 6 recommended foods for Pitbull at an affordable cost.
- 1 Recommended 6 Affordable Dog Food for Pitbulls:
- 1.1 Why Should You Trust Our Review?
- 1.2 What Should You Feed Pitbulls ?
- 1.3 How Often Should You Feed Your Pitbulls ?
- 1.4 1. Taste of the Wild Dry - Dog Food Review
- 1.5 2. Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free - Dry Dog Food Review
- 1.6 3. Wilderness Blue Buffalo High Protein - Dry Adult Dog Food Review
- 1.7 4. CANIDAE Grain Free PURE - Dry Dog Food Review
- 1.8 5. Muscle Protein For Bull Breeds - Review
- 1.9 6. Muscle Bully Gains - Mass Weight Gainer for Bully Breeds Review
- 2 How to Make Homemade Dog Food for Pitbulls ?
- 3 Wrapping Up:
Recommended 6 Affordable Dog Food for Pitbulls:
**You'll find more detailed reviews on each product below. You can also click the links above to check prices or read customer reviews on Amazon**
Why Should You Trust Our Review?
We know how important diets are to dogs, especially Pitbulls. The research conducted is meant to bring you relevant information regarding the best affordable dog food for your Pitbull. We know how difficult the process can be when you’re looking for the best dog food for your dear dog.
The ingredients we need to look at in dog food for Pitbulls should be natural and organic. We must consider the age of the dog, and when they need to eat and how much. We provide information on how to make your dog food, which helps you save money in the long run. We want what's best for your best friend, and want to explain to you the benefits of nutritious dog food.
Many manufacturers of dog food have run into some trouble in recent years. Not just with their recalls, but the actual products they put into their product. Some ingredients in certain foods can neutralize a dog's health, leading to health problems for many dogs.
We want your best friend to remain happy and healthy and recover from any ailments they may have suffered. With our combined research and knowledge of dog food, we want to represent why we are proud to show off these products.
We want to share this information to ensure your dog doesn't have any issues with their food. Dogs deserve to have the best, and arming you with this knowledge will help you choose the best dog food.
What Should You Feed Pitbulls ?
Every dog is different, and each breed requires a different diet. To keep your Pitbull healthy and happy, you want to get the proper food to feed your Pitbull consistently. A raw food diet is an excellent option for Pitbulls.
You cannot simply give any raw meat or bones to your dog. It is essential that you do some research about the correct choice of natural foods to give to your dog. When your Pitbull isn't getting the proper nutrients, they can be underweight, and that can lead to many health problems.
Adult and puppy Pitbulls have different diets from one another. You should consider their age before settling on the proper diet for your Pitbull. You must decide which product will avoid the most health issues in the future, and keep your Pitbull happy and healthy. You can keep them at a healthy weight, which can prevent health issues in the future.
- Adult Pitbulls are muscular, and they need a diet that helps them maintain their muscles. You want high-quality proteins, such as meat and carbohydrates. An adult Pitbull dog weighing 45 pounds will need about 1750 calories per day, according to National Academies. Low-quality protein sources include meat by-products and bone meal.
- Low-quality carbohydrates include grains, like wheat, soy, and corn. When you cut down on low-quality produce, your Pitbull will have a healthier diet. It should keep their weight consistent, and not lead to digestion problems. You should read the labels to ensure the food doesn't contain any low-quality produce, and your adult Pitbull will be very grateful to you.
- Once puppies are weaned off their mother’s milk, you can introduce them to dog food products. You should keep them on a puppy food diet, and when they start to increase in size, you can switch their food gradually.
- You can mix their old food with the new product, and they will eventually switch completely to the new meal. Using a puppy food diet allows a puppy to grow up at the proper pace. You don't want to put any enhancers in their nutrients, even if they're taking a while to build up.
How Often Should You Feed Your Pitbulls ?
There are several factors when you're trying to figure out how much you should feed your Pitbull. Age, weight, health, and other factors will determine how much they should be fed each day. Overfeeding or underfeeding your Pitbull can lead to health issues in the future. Finding the perfect balance doesn't have to be complicated, but keep in mind each dog is different.
Your dog’s age, weight, health, and exercise regimen should give you an idea of how often they should eat. You can feed your dog 2 cups of their meal a day, and spread out their eating times. One thing to remember is that you should not feed your Pitbull right after a walk.
You should wait to feed them about 30 minutes after you have come back from a walk, this will help them digest their food better. You will want to try to stay consistent with the times you're feeding your Pitbull. Breaking up the two cups throughout the day, at the same time will create a schedule you and your Pitbull can stick to and follow.
1. Taste of the Wild Dry - Dog Food Review
This dog food offers several flavors available for your Pitbull. You can choose from bison, venison, lamb, salmon, and wild fowl to give them the protein and flavor they want.
The bags range in sizes from 5-pound to 15-pound, to 30 pounds. You can decide if you want to buy the little one at first to try it out, or by in bulk to save some money.
This food contains natural oxidants that protect your Pitbull from harmful substances. It is supplemented with fruits and vegetables to provide them with the carbohydrates they need.
This specific brand offers different flavors as well. They have foods that are more fish based or more meat based, all of which are great for your dog. All of them are grain free and all have the fruits and vegetable supplements, so you are welcome to choose one that your dog likes the taste of, since any one of these will be great for them.
- High in protein
- Grain Free
- Fish or Meat options available
- Can help prevent illnesses
- Dogs love the flavor
- It's grain-free
- Get an energetic, muscular and healthy pitbull
- Comes in different bag sizes to chose from
- The food may be too big for puppies
- The packaging may not have the right food in it
2. Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free - Dry Dog Food Review
For an excellent and balanced diet, this dog food is a good choice. It has ocean whitefish, herring, & salmon, turkey & chicken, wild game duck, turkey, boar, & rabbit flavors.
It is ideal for large breeds, and the reduced fat make it great for losing weight.
The bags come in sizes of 4-pound, 12-pounds, and 26-pound bags to keep your Pitbull full and happy. You can give your Pitbull puppy this food to help them grow. It is also the best dog food for Pitbulls’ sensitive stomachs
- Rich in protein
- All-natural ingredients
- Made in the USA
- Real vegetables
- Essential vitamins and minerals
- Helps digestive systems
- Enhances coats and skin
- No grains in the food
- Assists in puppy's growth
- The size of the kibbles may not vary from bag to bag
- Packaging can let moisture inside
3. Wilderness Blue Buffalo High Protein - Dry Adult Dog Food Review
This dog food has plenty to offer your Pitbull. It is all grain-free, allowing your Pitbull to digest their food easily. The 24-pound bag is ideal for a growing dog that needs a lot of food. It contains real protein and offers plenty of it.
The kibbles are a great size, making it easy for your dog to eat and enjoy their meals. The ingredients help with weight control to keep them at their ideal weight and maintain it when they're adults.
- Chicken formula
- Chicken healthy weight gain
- Salmon formula
- Small bite size
- Large bag
- The ingredients are not from China
- Plenty of choices
- No by-products
- Available in many convenient locations
- It is expensive
- May not work for all dogs
4. CANIDAE Grain Free PURE - Dry Dog Food Review
If you have an older Pitbull, the fresh chicken for seniors gives your Pitbull the essential vitamins and minerals they need. The chicken is ideal for puppies and weight management, as well.
The bison flavor gives your Pitbull a flavor they will love. You can also choose from duck, lamb, salmon, and wild boar. The bags come in the 4-pound, 12-pound, and 24-pound bags for your Pitbull’s choice.
- Fresh chicken
- Fresh bison
- Fresh duck
- Fresh lamb
- Fresh salmon
- Fresh wild boar
- Made with whole foods
- Simple recipes
- 10 key ingredients
- Quality ingredients
- Helps with digestive problems
- No harmful bacteria
- Quickly switch proteins without issue
- May make your dog go to the bathroom more
- Some dogs may not like it
5. Muscle Protein For Bull Breeds - Review
This dog food supplement offers plenty of protein for your Pitbulls. The combo muscle pack allows you to add the protein your Pitbull meals to maintain a healthy weight. It helps improve their skin, enhances their muscles, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
It can prevent, and reduce tumors in your Pitbull. It's ideal for growing puppies that need the extra protein in their diets to grow up big and active.
Although this is not a complete meal, but is an additive, we decided to talk about it because of the many benefits it features. This is great for helping your Pitbull grow strong and muscular as well as has so many other health benefits that it is something we strongly suggest you give a try or at least consider for your muscular buddy.
- It's made in the USA
- Ideal for underdeveloped puppies
- Ultra-premium protein for puppies
- No salt, sugar, or alternative flavors
- Builds muscles and defines
- Prevents Tumors
- Provides energy to your Pitbull
- Excellent when it's mixed with other food types
- Brilliant customer service
- Makes coats look healthy.
- May cause aggressive behavior
- Not ideal for multiple dogs
6. Muscle Bully Gains - Mass Weight Gainer for Bully Breeds Review
Your dog will pack on healthy muscle and weight with this dog food supplement. It has the essential nutrients to help your Pitbull grow into a happy and healthy adult.
Muscle Bully Gains is the best supplement for pitbulls to gain muscle as well as it maximizes the protein intake for your Pitbull, so they can keep growing those muscles.
It has nutritional fats that support a healthy skin and coat. It provides energy to your Pitbull after they're done exercising.
This, also is a supplement, but these are made specifically for the Pitbull breeds, keeping their needs for the muscular body and tone in mind. This is great for their overall shape and health.
- Essential nutrients
- Maximizes protein intake
- Nutritional fats
- Muscle recovery
- Maintains or increases weight and size
- Helps dogs build up muscle and weight
- Defines muscles
- Dogs love the taste
- Comes in powder form for easy eating
- May not work quickly for some dogs
How to Make Homemade Dog Food for Pitbulls ?
Keeping your Pitbull happy and healthy is the goal, so you may want to try making their food at home. You can mix the ingredients you want them to eat, and prevent any harmful substances from getting in their diet. While some people may not want to make dog food for their Pitbull, there are plenty of recipes available to help you make the perfect meal.
You should use lean meats, like turkey, ground beef, and skinless chicken. Sweet potatoes, oatmeal, bananas, blueberries, and apples are an excellent addition to any homemade dog food. Spinach, cheese, milk, and plain yogurt can mix well into their food as well. For an extra treat, you can add peanut butter, which will entice them to finish their whole plate and lick it clean.
You want to make sure they're getting a healthy, balanced diet for their age, weight, and health. You should consult a veterinarian before you decide to start cooking at home. Double check exactly what is missing from your dog’s nutrition and make sure to avoid any foods that the veterinarian suggests on top of the foods that we talked about in the beginning of this article. Creating a plan with your veterinarian will guide you on which foods your Pitbull will need to eat.
When you have all your ingredients, you can mix them together in your dog’s bowl. If you have consulted with their veterinarian to focus on what they need to eat, it will make the process easier. You can adjust their diet per their vet’s advice. If you want to give them more iron, you can add some extra spinach into their daily menu and so on.
For a higher protein diet, you can cut down on the carbs, and add a few extra pieces of meat to their dish. It may take some trial and error to find out what your Pitbull will eat, but you will figure it out. If your Pitbull starts to look overweight, underweight or having digestion issues, you should stop and consult with your vet right away.
Finding the best dog food for your Pitbull with an affordable cost can feel impossible. Because there are lots of considerations to make when you're looking for your pitbull’s nourishment. This dog breed is more active and energetic compared to the other breeds.
Their age, weight, and health are all factors to consider when you're picking the best dog food for them. So, you should ensure that the food you do chose has plenty of protein, and they're getting all their essential vitamins and minerals.
All the foods mentioned above are from different brands. The one that is recommended most by customers who have purchased dog food is: Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food.You can also try Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food Wilderness Blue Buffalo High Protein Dry Adult Dog Food, as this brand also got great reviews from their customers on Amazon.
Dogs are expensive and so is their food, but it is an essential part of their health, so it is hard to put a cap price on how much to spend. A great way to save on these products is through the “Subscribe and Save” on Amazon. You can sign up and you will right away receive a discounted price. You also do not have to worry about going to the store or even re-ordering as it will automatically be sent to you every month, or how often you set it up for. You can always opt-out of this, so if you have too much, you can always stop your subscription or just skip that month.
Check out the dog food now for yourself and your Pitbull, see which one he likes the most and what works the best for them. We only included the best, so you do not have to worry about hurting your do, all you will do is help them lead a happy and healthy life.