The Best Affordable Dog Food for Pitbulls: Guide and Reviews 2017
You wouldn’t want to give your Pitbull something that will make them sick? After all, we all want to see a happy and healthy Pitbull at home, right?
Feeding your Pitbull shouldn't be a hassle, but sometimes it can feel that way. If you've never owned a Pitbull before, and you're not sure what their diet is, they can feel sick. You want your Pitbull to be happy and healthy, so you want to feed them the best dog food to your Pitbulls with an affordable cost.
There are many brands in the USA who are selling different food for Pitbull, but how can you find the best dog food for your Pitbull? This review will look at several different affordable dog foods for Pitbulls, and determine which the best one for your best friend is. You'll also find some advice about what you should feed your Pitbull's, and how should you feed them?
This review will give you advice and insight the top 6 recommended pitbulls food with affordable cost, most of them will be the ideal food for your Pitbull.
Recommended 6 Affordable Dog Food for Pitbulls:
**You'll find more detailed reviews on each product below. You can also click the links above to check prices or read customer reviews on Amazon**
Why Should You Trust Our Review?
We know how important diets are to dogs, especially Pitbulls. The research conducted is meant to bring you relevant information regarding the best affordable dog food for your Pitbull. We know how difficult the process can be when you’re looking for the best dog food for your Pitbull.
The ingredients we choose to look at in dog food for Pitbulls are natural and organic. We consider the age of the Pitbull, and when they should eat. We provide information on how to make your dog food, which helps you save money in the long run. We want what's best for your best friend, and want to show how well we understand dog food.
Many manufacturers of dog food have had trouble in recent years. Not just with their recalls, but the products they put into dog food. Some ingredients in certain foods can neutralize a dog's health, leading to health problems for dogs.
We want your best friend to remain happy and healthy and recover from any ailments they are suffered. With our combined research and knowledge of dog food, we want to represent why we are proud to show off these products.
We want to spread out the information to ensure your dog doesn't have any issues with their food. Dogs deserve to have the best, and arming you with this knowledge will help you choose the best dog food.
What Should You Feed Pitbulls ?
Every dog is different, and each breed requires a different diet. To keep your Pitbull healthy and happy, you want to get the perfect food to feed your Pitbull consistently. A raw food diet is an excellent option for Pitbulls.
You cannot only throw any raw meat and bones to your dog. It is an essential matter that you have to do some research about the right choice of natural foods to give your dog. When your Pitbull isn't getting the proper nutrients, they can be underweight, and that can lead to many health problems.
Adult and puppy Pitbulls have different diets from one another. You should consider their age before settling on the proper diet for your Pitbull. This product will avoid any health issues in the future, and keep your Pitbull happy and healthy. You can keep them at a healthy weight, which can stave off any health problems in the future.
- Adult Pitbulls are muscular, and they need a diet that helps to maintain their muscles. You want high-quality proteins, such as meat and carbohydrates. An adult Pitbull dog weighing 45 pounds will need about 1750 calories per day, according to National Academies. Low-quality protein sources include meat by-products and bone meal.
- Low-quality carbohydrates include grains, like wheat, soy, and corn. When you cut down on low-quality produce, your Pitbull will have a healthier diet. It should keep their weight consistent, and not lead to digestion problems. You should read the labels to ensure the food doesn't contain any low-quality produce, and your adult Pitbull will be happy with you.
- Depending on the puppy's age, they should feed on the mother. Once they are weaned off the milk from their mother, you can introduce them to other dog food products. You should keep them on a puppy food diet, and when they start to increase in size, you can switch their food gradually.
- You can mix their old food with the new product, and they will eventually go to the new diet. Using a puppy food diet allows to grow up at puppy’s pace. You don't want to put any enhancers in their nutrient, even if they're taking a while to build.
How Often Should You Feed Your Pitbulls ?
There are several factors when you're trying to figure out how much you should feed your Pitbull. Age, weight, health, and other factors will determine how much they should be fed each day. Overfeeding or underfeeding your Pitbull can lead to health issues in the future. Finding the perfect balance doesn't have to be complicated, and each dog is different.
Depending on their age, weight, health, and exercise regimen should give you an idea of how often they should eat. You can feed your dog 2 cups a day, and spread out their eating times. You don't want to feed your Pitbull right after a walk.
You should wait 30 minutes after to help them digest their food better. You will want to try to stay consistent with the time you're feeding your Pitbull. Breaking up the two cups through the day, at the same time will create a schedule you and your Pitbull can stick to when you want them to eat.
1. Taste of the Wild Dry - Dog Food Review
This dog food offers several flavors available for your Pitbull. You can choose from bison & venison, lamb, salmon, and wildfowl to give them the protein and flavor they want.
The bags come in sizes from 5, 15, and 30 pounds to keep your pooch happy and healthy.
It has natural oxidants that protect your Pitbull from harmful substances. It is supplemented with fruits and vegetables for the carbohydrates they need.
- Bison & Venison
- Smoked salmon
- Fruits and vegetables
- Can help prevent illnesses
- Dogs love the flavor
- It's grain-free
- Get an energetic, muscular and healthy pitbull
- Comes in different bag sizes for any order
- The food may be too big for puppies
- The packaging may not have the right food in it
2. Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free - Dry Dog Food Review
For an excellent and balanced diet, this dog food is a good choice. It has ocean whitefish, herring, & salmon, turkey & chicken, wild game duck, turkey, boar, & rabbit flavors. It is ideal for large breeds, and the reduced fat is perfect for losing weight.
The bags come in sizes of 4, 12, and 26-pound bags to keep your Pitbull full and happy. You can give your Pitbull puppy this food to help them grow. It is also the best dog food for Pitbull's sensitive stomach.
- Rich in protein
- All-natural ingredients
- Made in the USA
- Real vegetables
- Essential vitamins and minerals
- Helps digestive systems
- Enhances coats and skin
- No grains in the food
- Assists in puppy's growth
- The size of the kibbles may not vary from bag to bag
- Packaging can let moisture inside
3. Wilderness Blue Buffalo High Protein - Dry Adult Dog Food Review
This dog food has plenty to offer your Pitbull. It is all grain-free, allowing your Pitbull to digest their food easily. The 24-pound bag is ideal for a growing dog that needs a lot of food. It contains real protein and offers plenty of it.
The bits are easy for them to eat the food. It provides weight control to keep them at their ideal weight and maintain it when they're adults.
- Chicken formula
- Chicken healthy weight gain
- Salmon formula
- Small bite size
- Large bag
- The ingredients are not from China
- Plenty of choices
- No by-products
- Available in many locations
- It is expensive
- May not work for all dogs
4. CANIDAE Grain Free PURE - Dry Dog Food Review
If you have an old Pitbull, the fresh chicken for seniors gives your Pitbull the essential vitamins and minerals they need. The chicken is ideal for puppies and weight management, as well.
The bison flavor gives your Pitbull a flavor they will love. You can also choose from duck, lamb, salmon, and wild boar. The bags come in 4, 12, and 24-pound bags for your Pitbull’s choice.
- Fresh chicken
- Fresh bison
- Fresh duck
- Fresh lamb
- Fresh salmon
- Fresh wild boar
- Made with whole foods
- Simple recipes
- 10 key ingredients
- It has quality ingredients
- Helps with digestive problems
- No harmful bacteria
- Quickly switch proteins without issue
- May make your dog go to the bathroom more
- Some dogs may not like it
5. Muscle Protein For Bull Breeds - Review
This dog food offers plenty of protein for your Pitbulls. The combo muscle pack allows you to add the protein your Pitbull needs to maintain a healthy weight. It helps improve their skin, enhances their muscles, tendons, ligaments, and cartilage.
It can prevent, and reduce tumors in your Pitbull. It's ideal for growing puppies that need the extra protein in their diets to grow up big and active.
- It's made in the USA
- Ideal for underdeveloped puppies
- Ultra-premium protein for puppies
- No salt, sugar, or alternative flavors
- Builds muscles and defines
- Prevents Tumors
- Provides energy to your Pitbull
- Excellent when it's mixed with other food types
- Brilliant customer service
- Makes coats look healthy.
- May cause aggressive behavior
- Not ideal for multiple dogs
6. Muscle Bully Gains - Mass Weight Gainer for Bully Breeds Review
Your dog will pack on healthy muscle and weight with this dog food. It has the essential nutrients to help your Pitbull grow into a happy and healthy adult.
Muscle Bully Gains is the best dog food for pitbulls to gain muscle as well as it maximizes the protein intake to give your Pitbull added muscles.
It has nutritional fats that support a healthy skin and coat. It provides energy to your Pitbull after they're done exercising.
- Essential nutrients
- Maximizes protein intake
- Nutritional fats
- Muscle recovery
- Maintains or increases weight and size
- Helps dogs build up muscle and weight
- Defines muscles
- Dogs love the taste
- Comes in powder form for easy eating
- May not work quickly for some dogs
How to Make Homemade Dog Food for Pitbulls ?
Keeping your Pitbull happy and healthy is the goal if you want to start making their food at home. You can add the ingredients you want them to eat, and prevent any harmful substances from getting in their diet. While some people may not want to make dog food for their Pitbull, there are plenty of recipes available to help you make the perfect meal.
You can use lean meats, like turkey, ground beef, and skinless chicken. Sweet potatoes, oatmeal, bananas, blueberries, and apples are an excellent addition to any homemade dog food. Spinach, cheese, milk, and plain yogurt can mix well into their food. For an extra treat, you can add peanut butter, which will drive them straight to their dish.
You want to ensure they're getting a healthy, balanced diet for their age, weight, and health. You should consult a veterinarian before you decide to start cooking at home with your dog to create a food plan for your Pitbull. Creating a plan will guide you on which foods your Pitbull will need to eat.
When you have all your ingredients, you can mix them together in their bowl. If you have consulted with their veterinarian to focus on what they need to eat, it will make the process easier. You can adjust their diet per their vet. If you want to give them more iron, you will mix some extra spinach into their daily menu.
For a higher protein diet, you can cut down on the carbs, and add a few extra pieces of meat to their dish. It may take some trial and error to find out what your Pitbull will eat, but you can figure it out. If your Pitbull starts to look overweight, underweight or having digestion issues, you should stop and consult with your vet right away.
Finding the best dog food for your Pitbull with an affordable cost can feel impossible. Because there are lots of considerations to make when you're looking for your pitbull’s nourishment. This dog breed is more active and energetic compared to the other breed.
Their age, weight, and health are all factors to consider when you're picking the best dog food for a Pitbull. So, you should ensure that the food of your pitbull has plenty of protein, and they're getting all their essential vitamins and minerals.
Though The food listed above are all top rated products from the different brand, but Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food is excellent. You can also try Wellness CORE Natural Grain Free Dry Dog Food Wilderness Blue Buffalo High Protein Dry Adult Dog Food both the food got hugely positive reviews from their customers at Amazon.
These dog foods help to grow Pitbull adults or puppies gain proper nourishment with an affordable price, and provides them with the proper protein they need.